Sunday, May 3, 2009

lost and found

D's mom found some old documents at home. A letter (1873) and a family marriage certicate from the beautiful Church of the Transfiguration, in New York City (1935). I thought this illustration looked familiar and I went and dug up my AIA guide to New York City and there it was, starred and tabbed with a hot pink post-it note on that very entry for the Little Church Around the Corner. I remember passing it the semester I studied at Columbia. It's such a charming low slung building in the heart of the City I always wanted to go back and check it out.


The Church of the Transfiguration
"The Little Church Around the Corner"
One East 29th Street
(Fifth & Madison)
New York, New York
http://www.littlechurch.org












Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home