Monday, November 10, 2008

keeping austin weird on s congress













While I may have been a little grumpy about the noise at HSJ, I did love the independent shops on South Congress. There was the huge jackalope parked in front of Jo's coffee shop that was whisked away on election day and the largest costume shop I've ever seen!(Lucy in Disguise with Diamonds) I tried to convince my husband to get haircut in the retro barber shop.

In all of my favorite shops there was a sensory overload / purchase paralysis due to the overwhelming selection. It made for fascinating shopping and good retail therapy!!! While we are discussing great shops in Austin, I have to give a shout out to Toy Joy (thanks again Burke!) on Guadalupe. This was worth the drive over and if I had ever been in this shop as I kid, I would have easily hidden under a pile of toys so I would never have to leave.





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home