Tuesday, November 25, 2008

pay it green







Last holiday season I actually asked for a paper shredder because I was feeling so inundated with mountains of paper in my home office. I have been resistant to electronic statements, fearing the loss of the moments I set aside to review financial transactions sent via snailmail. Even though I resent this pile of sensitive information constantly stacking up around me, changing my habits has been hard to accept as part of the problem. I am a definite candidate for the Pay It Green campaign which advocates switching to electronic billing, statements and payments.

Going paperless saves trees, reduces clutter, improves security and saves me time while helping to save the environment. On this site you learn about the positive impact of going paperless with tools like the Green Calculator which tallies your current financial paper footprint or the Pay It Green toolkit for businesses. These days I hardly write any checks, but never stopped to think about the route this piece of paper takes. After seeing The Life and Travels of a Paper Check, I'm even happier let my checkbook gather more dust.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home