Thursday, December 4, 2008

dinner at the farm


















I caught up with an friend from college who has a wonderful blog, I Should Cocoa! dedicated to her adventures in all things food. Seeing her beautiful styled photos reminded me of a farm to table dinner we attended at White Gate Farm in Old Lyme Connecticut last August. Under a full moon and with all of summer's bounty before us, our meal benefited The Working Lands Alliance and featured locally sourced food & wine. One of the wines was a Gewurztraminer from Jonathan Edwards Winery, where we got married! It was a magical evening on this farm, crisp and bright with nary a mosquito or trouble in the world to bother us.

Long before I discovered this local event I've wanted to attend an Outstanding in the Field dinner, but the closest one always seems to be in New York City and I hardly want to head in to a bustling metropolis for a meal like this. Next summer I'm hoping to dine at much-lauded Still River Cafe way up in Eastford, CT.




















Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home