Wednesday, January 21, 2009

4 stars transformed by design

















It's a historic morning for news so I bought an actual print copy of the NYTimes. It's also Wednesday and overwhelmed by where to start on inauguration coverage, I glanced over the Dining section, where Frank Bruni declares Daniel is still 4 star "extraordinary" and transformed by it's new modern design, a décor that noticeably more sleek and neutral. I admit getting a tad nostalgic upon hearing of the change.

It's been just over 4 years since we got engaged at a sumptuously tented table at Daniel. This restaurant treated us like royalty (bien sur) and as it does with all patrons,not just the rich and famous ones. Simply put, it was a magical evening. There's more to it than just the sublime food, the service level is tremendous. Our meal at Daniel reminded me of the long multi-course dinners we had on my first trip to France.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home