Tuesday, February 10, 2009

connecticut barns

I love barns and carriage houses. In Connecticut, some have been lovingly restored and others look like they they are a second away from collapse. The good news is The Connecticut Trust for Historic Preservation announced a grant program to help save the endangered older barns. The Trust has surveyed over 900 barns in the state and if you own one over 75 yrs old, the grant can offer you assistance to assess and repair the structure. This year's deadline is April 15. Check out http://www.connecticutbarns.org. I love that there is an illustrated database by town!

I never seem to have my camera when I pass a great local barn, but the architectural style is always of interest to me.

















Jonathan Edwards Winery. N. Stonington, CT
It is no accident I fell in love with this location for our wedding.

















Golden Lamb Buttery. Brooklyn, CT
A wonderfully unique dining experience that begins with a hay ride & cocktails over-looking the fields and continues with dinner inside the barn.

















Stone Silo Farm. Preston, CT
We didn't stop, but I grabbed my camera as we drove to our caterer A Thyme to Cook.


















??? Thompson, CT
Drove by on a trip from Lord Thompson Manor to Putnam, CT and I have never forgotten this home.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home