Monday, January 26, 2009

Grand Central Terminal

When you live in Connecticut and you take Metro North into the City, Grand Central Terminal is your gateway to Manhattan. Many times I've found myself head-down, rushing through like a New Yorker in an awful hurry to get somewhere else. It's a shame because the grandeur of old railroads stations like this one beat any airport or other travel hub I've ever seen.

I decided to slow down and to explore new spaces outside my usual route and to savor the small details that make the inside (and the outside) of this building a cavernous gem for train weary travelers.















Nothing else to say here















love this eerie dim reflection of the oyster bar















So clean! So empty! You can almost hear the hum of the light casting that fluorescent green glow.















Forgotten tracks? This hallway seems abandoned on the weekend.















Detail above a staircase.















View to food court seating. I love the subway montage on the tabletops.





















Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home